The last of a dying breed.
Detroit’s main train station, opened in 1913 has not been used since 1988.
This spectacular Spanish Gothic theater, built in 1928, was closed in the 1970s.
Constructed in 1893 in the once-elegant Brush Park neighborhood, this home, designed by architect Albert Kahn, was moved from its original location several years ago by preservationists who hoped to preserve it. It was demolished last year.